There’s no secret to hiring great people. It’s about good process and understanding your culture and needs.
Learning how to best prepare, and then conduct an effective interview is an essential skill in building a winning team. Understanding what skills you will be able to teach your new hire, and what characteristics and traits they need to bring with them, will help you make a good decision when selecting a candidate.
Making a good job of on-boarding new team members will set them up for success and allow you to build a top performing team.
Who’s it for?
- Store Managers.
- Area and Regional Managers.
- Anyone recruiting currently, or wanting to develop their recruitment skills for the future.
- Company expectations.
- Planning, including; identifying the gap, advertising, understanding the process.
- Hiring mistakes.
- How to evaluate a candidate.
- Personality traits.
- Interviewing skills.
- Recruitment legislation.
- Conducting an interview.
- Evaluating candidates, including; reference checking and dealing with unsuccessful candidates.
- On-boarding and candidate care.
After completing this course, your managers will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours with confidence;
- How to identify the skills required for vacant roles.
- An understanding of the interview process and the legal requirements.
- Conduct an interview using behavioural-based questions.
- Be able to interpret candidate responses and dig deeper when necessary.
- Show a fair and objective process when evaluating candidates.
- Phone unsuccessful candidates while maintaining a good company brand image.
- Onboard employees and set them up for success.
- Over time, develop a team of passionate people who embody your brand personality and promise.
Add 8 customised videos in-store to demonstrate your own unique recruiting processes. Scripted in partnership with key stakeholders and filmed in your environment, using your people. Customised video shows your best practice and increases engagement and uptake of the right behaviours.
STANDARD (based on 25 users)
from $449p/m (36-month term)
CUSTOMISED (based on 25 users)
from $887p/m (36-month term)
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“We’ve been blown away by the uptake and the time spent training in the first few months since the transition. This goes to show how user-friendly the system is!”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“The launch is key, you’ve got to create that hype, that engagement and excitement around it so the team see it’s actually valuable and something that benefits them and will make their life easier”
- CHRISTINA FAIRHURSTAustralasian Training, Promotions & PR Manager, Revlon“This generation of Revlon’s people live on phones and mobile devices, so the resource is already there, we just needed to tap-into it.”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“Since using RedSeed, our Mystery Shopper results are up on last years, and our items per sale have increased well over eighty per cent!”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“RedSeed had the best product available, there is obviously a lot of online learning solutions in the market but what’s a big challenge for us and what we’ve always wanted to do was to have a solution that wasn’t simply completing something online — so we really like the RedSeed platform which involves video content, on-the-floor coaching and a real time feedback system which is really important to us.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“The RedSeed developers were quick to respond to any questions throughout the process and always kept us up to date. It was a smooth as it could have been. We even had our IT team come to us at the end of the transition to comment on how seamless the RedSeed LMS transition was.”