There’s no secret to hiring great people. It’s about good process and understanding your culture and needs.
Learning how to best prepare, and then conduct an effective interview is an essential skill in building a winning team. Understanding what skills you will be able to teach your new hire, and what characteristics and traits they need to bring with them, will help you make a good decision when selecting a candidate.
Making a good job of on-boarding new team members will set them up for success and allow you to build a top performing team.
Who’s it for?
- Store Managers.
- Area and Regional Managers.
- Anyone recruiting currently, or wanting to develop their recruitment skills for the future.
- Company expectations.
- Planning, including; identifying the gap, advertising, understanding the process.
- Hiring mistakes.
- How to evaluate a candidate.
- Personality traits.
- Interviewing skills.
- Recruitment legislation.
- Conducting an interview.
- Evaluating candidates, including; reference checking and dealing with unsuccessful candidates.
- On-boarding and candidate care.
After completing this course, your managers will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours with confidence;
- How to identify the skills required for vacant roles.
- An understanding of the interview process and the legal requirements.
- Conduct an interview using behavioural-based questions.
- Be able to interpret candidate responses and dig deeper when necessary.
- Show a fair and objective process when evaluating candidates.
- Phone unsuccessful candidates while maintaining a good company brand image.
- Onboard employees and set them up for success.
- Over time, develop a team of passionate people who embody your brand personality and promise.
Add 8 customised videos in-store to demonstrate your own unique recruiting processes. Scripted in partnership with key stakeholders and filmed in your environment, using your people. Customised video shows your best practice and increases engagement and uptake of the right behaviours.
STANDARD (based on 25 users)
from $449p/m (36-month term)
CUSTOMISED (based on 25 users)
from $887p/m (36-month term)
- MATT ROBERTSGeneral Manager, Hunter Furniture Group“It's not just seen as an investment in the business but our teams see it as an investment in themselves as well.”
- ANNE POLLARDHead of Learning and Development, 2degrees“It has had a really positive impact. We’ve been able to show a direct correlation between RedSeed completion and increased sales.”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“The most exciting thing was when you walked into a store and you heard the ‘RedSeed’ language”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“RedSeed had the best product available, there is obviously a lot of online learning solutions in the market but what’s a big challenge for us and what we’ve always wanted to do was to have a solution that wasn’t simply completing something online — so we really like the RedSeed platform which involves video content, on-the-floor coaching and a real time feedback system which is really important to us.”
- PAUL GIANOTTIExecutive GM, Operations – Warehouse Stationery“We’ve been through eighteen consecutive quarters of same-store sales growth.”
- GRAEME ALLENOperations Manager, Bivouac Outdoor“The introduction of RedSeed has changed the thought patterns and behaviours of sales staff noticeably. I was recently in a store and overheard a conversation between two staff, observing a not so perfect approach to a customer - one of their colleagues spoke with them about how they could have done that better with RedSeed techniques in an enthusiastic but empathetic way.”