Teach your team the skills to move from order taker to money maker.
Customers who come to the store are looking for sales experts that engage them, are knowledgeable and are able to create a complete solution.
Becoming an accomplished sales person starts with learning the key techniques that allow you to find out what customers are looking for, demonstrate a great solution, overcome objections, create extra value and close the sale.
This programme teaches your team how to increase revenue by increasing the items per sale [IPS], the average sale, and conversion rate. The outcome is happy, satisfied customers who become loyal and become raving fans!
Retail Sales Training Courses
Upskilling your employees is the best thing your company can do to improve performance. Training your employees and having a skilled workforce will drive better results, increasing focus, motivation and staff retention rates by allowing career progression within the company.
In the digital landscape we live, people increasingly seek information and knowledge to make better decisions and in retail, this is no different. A good salesperson learns how to adapt to different situations, and tests different arguments and techniques to drive revenue.
It doesn’t matter if the team members are new or experienced, everyone needs help to improve performance and overcome their own limitations. A retailer who invests resources in online sales training will reap even better results, while a well-trained employee will be motivated to perform even better.
Our retail sales training course uses an innovative training method which teaches your team how to increase revenue, improve conversion rates, and provide winning customer service and buyer experiences. Our customers have found our retail sales training course to be an important tool to assist their team to conquer new skills and learn new behaviours and communications styles.
Your team needs to have theoretical and practical support to be able to represent your brand in the best way possible. The RedSeed sales training course will change the way your team interact with your customers and give them the confidence to interact positively with even the most challenging customers.
Our RedSeed online retail sales training will teach your employees how to master the art of negotiation, increase revenue, hit the targets and nail their KPIs. The course has been designed to give your teams the tools to:
- Add value to the sale
- Handle customer objections
- Build rapport
- Grow a loyal base of customers for your business
If your team feels like their professional development is not a priority for the company, they’re more likely to look for other opportunities in the market that will value them. A company that invests resources in personnel training will reap better results, while a well-trained employee will be motivated to perform even better. An article published by the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania demonstrates that online training is one of the best options for effective training of retail employees.
Besides the tangible sales performance increase, providing retail courses online for your employee helps them to become a specialist in their field. A well-designed online programme of learning also helps your team feel valued and, as evidence has shown, helps boost staff retention, decreasing your staff turnover.
Our online retail sales training is customisable to your business, and has three different levels to cater to your employees’ needs:
- Level one; for new employers and newbies in the sales department
- Level two; for the more experienced salesperson
- Level three; for enterprise sales and proficient sales staff that need extra help in closing the deal
Each level of RedSeed’s retail sales course includes over 3.5 hours of video delivered in micro-learning sized sessions and self-paced learning material, coach-led assessments and quizzes.
The learning outcomes from online retail training include, but aren’t limited to:
- Greeting all customers appropriately, building rapport and asking the right questions to uncover the customer’s needs;
- Uncovering needs well enough to show the right products to customers;
- Mastering the art of negotiation, trying to maintain margins and not giving away discount as a first option;
- Adapting the type of communication and information that is given to the customer to best assess their needs;
- Effective customer objection handling;
- And last but not least, making sales, hitting targets and building a loyal base of customers from the exceptional customer service offered.
All RedSeed courses are designed to give you a custom experience. In the retail sales training, you will have access to:
- Over 20 customisable retail sales videos,
- Custom-branded certificates,
- Our behaviour-changing coaching feedback loop,
- Our custom LMS, and training dashboard, and more.
To give your company an even better training experience and support, your company will have a dedicated support team to help your team in every step of their training.
To find out more about how we tailor our training to suit your company’s needs, contact our team and speak to a learning expert today.
After the retail sales training program, you can expect to see significant changes in your teams’ behaviour and results.
After learning how to increase revenue, improve their conversion rate, and provide quality customer service, your team will be proficient in sales and hit targets.
Your employees will have intensive training on customer service best practices, how to retain customers and create a loyal customer base. With that in mind, their performance will be focused on the customer and their needs, which creates more opportunities for sales.
Motivation and confidence are changes you can expect to see in your employees after completing our retail sales training course.
The strategies to increase sales, covered in our course, are suitable for all employees.
Our online retail sales training is customisable to your business, and has three different levels to which cater to the different levels of skill you might have in your business:
- Sales training level one, for new employers and newbies in the sales department.
- Level two; for the more experienced salesperson and
- Level three; for enterprise sales and proficient sales staff that need extra help in closing the deal.
Who’s it for?
- Retail managers
- Assistant managers
- Retail assistants / associates
- Getting prepared to sell.
- Opening the sale and starting a conversation.
- Uncovering the customer’s needs.
- Demonstrating a solution to the customer using FABs.
- Handling customer objections.
- Adding additional value to the sale.
- Closing the sale.
- Confirming and following up with the customer.
20 customised videos, including an intro from your CEO. Filmed in-store, with your people and products, customised video allows you to demonstrate how to use the techniques and to make it yours!
After completing this course, as a sales person you will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours with confidence;
- Can greet all customers appropriately, build rapport and encourage them to chat.
- Can find out what the customer has come in for.
- Asks the right questions to uncover the customer’s needs.
- Asks enough ‘lifestyle’ questions to pre-empt adding on to create a total solution.
- Has enough product knowledge to show the right products to the customers.
- Can adapt the amount / level / type of information they give to the customer so that it best resonates with the customers needs.
- Can find out what the customer’s true objection is and is able to effectively overcome it.
- Always tries to maintain margin and doesn’t give away discount as a first option.
- Always tries to add additional items to a sale to create a total solution for the customer.
- Makes sales, hits targets.
- Builds a base of loyal customers.
- Helps to reinforce the brand positioning through the customer experience.
STANDARD (based on 250 users)
from $2,350p/m (36-month term)
CUSTOMISABLE (based on 250 users)
from $3,350p/m (36-month term)
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“How do we keep engagement up? It comes from the top, you’ve got to live it and breathe it — that’s it”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“Not only did we find that increases in RedSeed Energy mapped to improvements in Mystery Shopper results, we also found the opposite to be true. Stores that saw a drop in Energy also saw a large drop in Mystery Shopping results”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“Not only have we seen significant monetary savings but we now spend far less time following up system errors or bugs.”
- GRAEME ALLENOperations Manager, Bivouac Outdoor“The roll out system you have set up for launching and implementing RedSeed is a major reason for the success we've seen. The teams understand "what's in it for them". RedSeed have made something that could be challenging painless, and helped build a real enthusiasm for selling amongst the team.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“The RedSeed team was very professional and the process was very smooth”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“Since using RedSeed, our Mystery Shopper results are up on last years, and our items per sale have increased well over eighty per cent!”