Setting expectations and showing your team how to give your customers an outstanding experience must be your top priority!
The experience that your customers have with your team can be the difference between them purchasing with you or your competitor.
No business can afford to be pushing their customers away!
Understanding a customer’s expectations and also what upsets customers can provide valuable insight for your team and give them the motivation to lift their game and set you apart for all the right reasons!
RedSeed’s Online Customer Service Training Course With Certification
No matter how meticulously you’ve crafted your business plan or how much money you’ve invested in your company, your team is only as good as the customer service training you provide. In today’s highly competitive consumer-led market, you need to manage every moment of your customer’s experience. Excellent service builds trust and sparks a personal connection that increases sales and encourages loyalty in your brand.
By working through RedSeed’s online customer service training modules, you can take employee productivity to the next level. You can also save money by providing training at scale through our blended-learning platform.
Customer Service Training that Changes Behaviour
If you think customer care skills come naturally — think again. Most people’s first instinct is to hide from a customer seeking help, not walk towards them with a smile. By giving your staff a clearly defined framework of how to treat customers, you build their confidence and turn them into problem-solving machines.
A customer service representative training course is a catalyst for growth because the more you invest in your team, the better they’ll perform for you. Employees are proven to be more productive when they understand how to read customers and make their experience 100% positive.
Online Customer Service Training Courses
We understand that the modern workforce loves digital media and the remote workforce is growing, that’s why our courses are all purpose built for online, they’re not just a cut and paste of a paper-based training program. Our state-of-the-art platform is intuitive and easy to use.
Employees watch expertly crafted training videos, use workbooks and take part in practical activities. Read on to find out more about our customer service online course.
Types of Customer Service Training
Our customer service training modules explain how to deal with a broad range of real-life scenarios, covering the entire customer experience and from the moment they walk in the door, to the moment they leave. Some topics your managers will cover with your staff include:
Reading Signals From Customers and Responding
Customers don’t always feel comfortable asking for help when they’re in a face-to-face environment.
Sometimes, you’ll miss out on sales because a potential buyer couldn’t find what they were looking for or had a question they couldn’t get answered. Our course material teaches the importance of engagement for preempting clients’ needs.
Presenting a Positive Attitude
Of course, proactively addressing customer needs only works if you have a positive attitude. Excellent customer service is given with a smile and a friendly tone of voice. These gestures make people feel relaxed and comfortable, so they’ll be more inclined to purchase. A lot of customer service comes from harnessing effective communication skills, such as listening carefully to customers.
Using Greetings and Farewells
Every customer goes on an individual journey each time they enter your store. To maximize their spending, you should guide them each step of the way. That doesn’t mean being overbearing, but it means using your best manners.
Have you ever walked into a place and had everyone enthusiastically say hello? When you left, did they say goodbye as if you’re an old friend? It makes you feel important and appreciated, framing your journey with a positive beginning and a positive end.
Speaking to Customers on the Phone
When customers call your business, you’re making a lasting impression on them, and no customer care course would be complete without addressing telephone interactions. If your team doesn’t know how to handle calls correctly, you could be losing customers.
Empower Your Managers as They Lead Customer Service Training Workshops
Previous customers have commented on how great the RedSeed experience was for their managers. Trusting them with the responsibility of helping your workforce grow their skills is one of the best ways you can harness their leadership potential. It also helps by taking them back to the basics and reinforcing the knowledge they’ve learned throughout their career. Plus, a manager who does an outstanding job of training is often perceived as a trusted authority figure.
Film Your Own Customer Support Training
If you choose our customizable package, your team can create on-site training videos, and we’ll even help you write the script. These videos give you the chance to provide starring roles to your best-performing employees and get everyone involved in the process.
All of this customer service communication training has the additional benefit of being an excellent team-building exercise. Taking part in group sessions provides opportunities for them to bond, helping you to foster a positive working environment. One of the most crucial building blocks for exceptional customer service is a happy team. Plus, the better you get to know your workers, the easier you’ll find it to deliver the type of workplace that makes them thrive.
Customer interaction training is the most important gift you can give to your retail or customer-facing staff. Each person you employ who does a job on the shop floor is a direct representative of your brand. Customer service training ensures that every single person who comes through the door gets a high standard of care.
When your team is confident and helpful, they drive sales by making recommendations and engaging customers in your brand.
With RedSeed, your team does the majority of its customer service classes online. Our platform is a hub, and each team member gets a log-in. You can track their progress as they work through the modules. If you like, you can harness your managers’ leadership skills to administer practical lessons and oversee tests. You can conduct training remotely without the need for a physical training location.
Absolutely. After your team takes part in our customer relations training course, not only will they be empowered by their new-found knowledge, but their perception of you as an employer improves. When a workforce feels looked-after by its employer, it translates directly into productivity.
Additionally, when they’re able to identify customer’s needs and take a confident approach to solve problems, they’ll convert leads without even realizing it. When your team has a clear understanding of what’s expected of them and how to deliver it, you’ll be amazed by their productivity.
The best online customer service training courses take into account how important it is to preempt the client’s needs. When staff members take cues from the customer and respond proactively, buyers feel comfortable and relaxed in the knowledge that the people working here know what they’re doing.
Additionally, when customers have a great time in a shop, they’re likely to tell their friends about the impressive retail experience. On the other side of that token, if the staff seem to be disengaged individuals rather than a positive, cohesive team, customers are more likely to share their unfortunate experience with friends and family.
A customer service course makes sure everyone is reading from the same page for a consistently remarkable customer journey.
There are approximately two hours of video content that your team will gradually work through, at whatever pace you set. They’ll watch informational videos and role-play scenarios, with interactive quizzes and reminders at the end of each module. If you choose to make videos in your workplace, this is an opportunity for your superstars to shine.
Once you have a customer success manager assigned to your account, they’ll help you make a plan that suits your workforce.
Your team will come out with an array of new skills in their tool belts. Just some of the ways they’ll exceed customer’s expectations include:
- Knowing what it means to take the customer on a journey, where every detail is geared toward making a sale.
- Fully understanding customer expectations and what makes them so important.
- Understanding that positive attitudes don’t always come naturally — sometimes, it’s up to them to bring out the best in people. When the workforce takes a positive approach to their job, the entire environment is transformed, and customers can feel it.
- The essential greeting and farewell. Never underestimate the power of following proper social convention and saying hello and goodbye to people who enter the store.
- Responding to subtle customer signals, so the team never misses a sale.
- Communication skills that reflect your brand’s values.
- The ability to understand what customers don’t like and tactics for helping unhappy customers.
- Correct phone etiquette.
Maximizing sales using customer service techniques.
At RedSeed, we know that each brand has vastly different needs. As such, we make sure we meet you and get a clear understanding of what your organization is all about. We continue working closely with you as we develop customer service skills online training for your team.
If you choose our customizable package, you can make your own video using people from your company. Watching teammates conduct training can have an extraordinary impact on engagement.
All the best customer service training courses go into detail about how to approach a complaint. Learning how to diffuse a confrontational situation is possible for everyone, but it isn’t an instinct. Most people fight fire with fire, and in a retail environment, that could be catastrophic.
People who complain can turn into loyal, long-term customers if they’re handled appropriately. As such, the handling of complaints is one of the most important areas for growth through excellent customer service. Our customer service course takes you through a range of scenarios and provides advice on best-practices regarding unhappy customers.
You see instant results upon completion of the course. Your employees will be more engaged with your brand, have a more profound respect for your management team and know how to delight customers. You’ll have a cohesive, problem-solving machine instead of a shop floor of individuals.
And all of this is delivered in a format that today’s workforce finds engaging and convenient, with the ability to access content from a smartphone while on the go.
Everyone. Even a veteran customer service expert can keep learning new ways to surprise and satisfy customers. Service is constantly changing, as consumer trends change and people prioritize different aspects of their buying experience. As such, we’d recommend providing regular opportunities for your staff to update their knowledge.
If you’re ready to inspire your team to become customer service experts, get in touch with RedSeed today and book a free coffee date with us.
Who’s it for?
- Retail and customer service teams.
- Anyone who has a face-to-face interaction with your customers.
- Why is customer service important?
- Customer expectations and journey.
- Choosing a positive attitude.
- Greeting customers.
- Responding to buying signals from customers.
- Helping customers find what they’re looking for.
- Good communication skills.
- Being professional.
- Understanding what upsets customers.
- Resolving complaints.
- Phone etiquette.
- Processing sales.
- Farewelling customers.
After completing this course, your team will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours with confidence;
- Greet all customers appropriately when they enter the store.
- Make themselves available to customers by staying visible and looking for signals that customers need help.
- Uses good communication skills to make sure the customer’s experience is positive.
- Brings their ‘A’ game to work and is positive, enthusiastic and friendly with customers.
- Understands what upsets customers and avoids these behaviours.
- Is able to resolve issues for customers calmly, and to their satisfaction.
- Is polite and professional on the phone and can juggle customers instore with those on the phone.
- Is efficient in processing sales and understands what the appropriate level of chit-chat is while they are serving the customer.
- Farewells the customer and encourages them to return to the store.
Add 10 customised videos to demonstrate the customer service techniques in-situ. Scripted in partnership with key stakeholders and filmed in your environment, using your people.
STANDARD (based on 250 users)
from $1,760p/m (36-month term)
CUSTOMISABLE (based on 250 users)
from $2,400p/m (36-month term)
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“We’ve been blown away by the uptake and the time spent training in the first few months since the transition. This goes to show how user-friendly the system is!”
- PAUL GIANOTTIExecutive GM, Operations – Warehouse Stationery“We’ve been through eighteen consecutive quarters of same-store sales growth.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“RedSeed had the best product available, there is obviously a lot of online learning solutions in the market but what’s a big challenge for us and what we’ve always wanted to do was to have a solution that wasn’t simply completing something online — so we really like the RedSeed platform which involves video content, on-the-floor coaching and a real time feedback system which is really important to us.”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“Not only did we find that increases in RedSeed Energy mapped to improvements in Mystery Shopper results, we also found the opposite to be true. Stores that saw a drop in Energy also saw a large drop in Mystery Shopping results”
- MATT ROBERTSGeneral Manager, Hunter Furniture Group“It's not just seen as an investment in the business but our teams see it as an investment in themselves as well.”
- KARMA WETEREGeneral Manager of Retail, Max Fashions“The launch is key, you’ve got to create that hype, that engagement and excitement around it so the team see it’s actually valuable and something that benefits them and will make their life easier”