Teach your team about your products
…before they hit the floor
Imagine if all your staff had the skills to confidently approach your customers, and the knowledge to provide them with the complete solution to their needs. How much extra money would your business make if each of your staff were able to sell a few extra products every week, just by knowing a bit more about what they’re selling?
Harness their motivation and excitement and give them the skills to offer a show-stopping customer experience that sets you apart from your competitors.The key to the success of RedSeed’s product knowledge training is in the way we include example sales techniques, demonstrated using your products. Building a bespoke training program for your products within the RedSeed system ensures that you can cover off all of the features, advantages, and benefits of your products.
Let us craft your content it into a dynamic, interactive module that will bring the information to life, and ensure trainees absorb and retain the information they need to be true product knowledge champions.
We have a number of product knowledge courses in operation with our clients, and they deliver real sales momentum.
PK courses highlights:
Train your sales team to sell products more effectively!
Every business exists because of its customers. Happy customers mean more sales and money in the bank. But what happens if your sales team isn’t equipped with the right product knowledge to market store products to customers?
If salespeople aren’t confident about the product they’re selling, then customers may lose trust in your business and choose to shop somewhere else. Product knowledge is a critical skill that your team needs to better support their customers and confidently speak about the products they’re selling.
With professional product knowledge training, your team can deliver exceptional customer service, improve sales, and retain customers.
A product knowledge training program creates an end-to-end training program for staff in marketing and sales.
As a skill, product knowledge allows employees to confidently communicate with customers about the products you sell. Having in-depth product knowledge makes it easier for staff to highlight its benefits, uses, and features to the customer.
When an employee is able to fully understand the features, advantages and benefits of a product, they’re able to recommend the right product for the right customer, which helps to increase conversion rates and sales figures! Customers want to know that they’re getting a product that will benefit them in one way or another. When your staff undergoes product knowledge training with RedSeed, they will receive a comprehensive program which will cover:
- Product sales techniques and how to sell your brand’s specific products
- Researching and understanding products
- Customer interaction training and how to uncover what the customer needs/wants
- Using your unique selling proposition to set your product apart from others on the market
Our online product knowledge course is 100% tailored to your brand. Our process allows you and your team to train in real-life scenarios that you can take straight to the shop floor.
Product knowledge training is the best way to get your team motivated about what you’re selling. When your sales team is motivated and excited about a product, customers will feel compelled to purchase. This is important as it gives your product and brand:
- Credibility – Customers are more likely to trust the benefits of your product and buy from you if you trust in your product.
- Reputation – Your product is seen as more reputable when your staff can confidently talk about how it will bring value to the purchaser.
- Trustworthiness – staff who are adequately equipped with the right product knowledge provide a more trustworthy experience for customers.
- Improved sales – The more you know, the more you sell. Knowledgeable employees instil more confidence in the customer, improving the retail experience, and closing more sales.
By enrolling in product knowledge training online with an LMS training platform, your sales team will have access and understanding of product and sales fundamentals. Our RedSeed Product Knowledge Training Course delivers real sales momentum to your business by improving sales skills through training modules, demonstrations, and real-time coaching.
All our product knowledge training modules are delivered online, through the RedSeed LMS, which means they’re fast and easy to complete. The retail industry is fast-paced, and managers can’t afford frequent downtime for in-person staff training. This is where having the flexibility to access courses and training online can benefit retail stores and employees.
When you train in product knowledge, you will be competent in making the best decisions for your customers. Having online access to this type of training means that your team can be reached anywhere, anytime to implement their training.
Our RedSeed product knowledge training modules cover all components of product knowledge, product awareness, and selling. Knowing the features, advantages and benefits of a product is an essential sales skill, and can essentially make or break your business. That’s why we merge theory with practice which helps build confidence in:
- Dealing with challenging sales situations
- Reviewing case studies to improve their sales process
- Speaking comfortably and confidently with customers about any product
- Identifying the buyer’s most pressing need
- Solving customer problems and questions
When a sales team receives consistent product knowledge training, they perform better in all aspects of the customer service experience. By being trained in product knowledge, your team will have more confidence in discussing the product in detail and have the ability to respond to any questions or queries in real-time.
In a competitive industry like retail, sales reps need to know their products inside and out. A sales rep should understand a product’s features, but they also need to approach it from a customer perspective. By knowing what a customer is looking for and knowing exactly how a product can give the customer the solution they need, they can generate significantly more sales. Of course, improved sales means improved profits.
Sales teams which have access to good quality product knowledge training can not only improve their sales count but also:
- Product road mapping – Along with knowing current products on-shelf, sales staff trained in product knowledge will know what products are set to be released in the coming weeks, months, and years.
- Customer support – Trainees will know how to respond to difficult questions and answer any queries about products relating to the customer.
- Become more accessible – Employees will know how to be more available to customers on the floor and online, bringing more awareness to your store/brand.
- Match the right products to a customers’ needs – Product knowledge training helps salespeople understand which product will best fit a client’s wants or needs.
Product knowledge training is an ongoing endeavour. Due to the changing nature of a retail store and turnover of products, sales staff need to consistently engage in product knowledge training throughout their career.
To make regular product knowledge training easier, give your team access to an online Product Knowledge Training Course. The RedSeed LMS can be accessed from any device anywhere and at any time. This allows your staff to train as they go and access important materials and resources when they need it most.
Our team of learning experts will craft your training library to match your requirements and product inventory. With our learning management system, you will receive an easy and seamless training suite which makes training more achievable. Our courses are delivered on a ‘learn as you go’ basis, making it easier to integrate into your business.
Our courses are delivered in ‘micro-learning’ sized sessions which can be accessed and re-visited at any time. Keep staff consistent with in-built notifications alerting you to train, and incentives such as certificates and awards upon completion of each course.
To request a free eLearning consultation, contact us, and let’s chat.
With a product knowledge training course, your team will have the real-life skills to increase sales, and therefore, profit.
As your sales team learns to engage customers and lead them through the sales process, they will benefit by setting personal KPIs and sales targets. The benefits of product knowledge training also include:
- Increased confidence in performing their role as well as interacting with customers.
- Building rapport and establishing respect among customers, leading to increased brand reputation and awareness.
- Tools to talk about, show, and display products in a way that engages customers and demonstrates its advantages and appropriateness to the customer’s needs.
- Uncovering customers’ needs to be able to deliver honest advice and help provide customers with a solution to solve their problem.
- Examples of how to maximize selling opportunities and finding ways to extend product awareness outside of the store and its website.
Product knowledge is just one aspect of the customer service pyramid. But without it, your team won’t exceed their sales targets and maximise your store’s potential. Along with our Product Knowledge Training Course, you may also want to discover our other training programs and Blog for upskilling in the retail industry.
While product knowledge commonly refers to the tangible products your business is selling, it can also encompass many other things. Understanding each component will allow you to best serve the customer, your team, and the company as a whole.
Other types of product knowledge that sales teams should be trained in include:
- Brand knowledge: Knowing a brand’s product is pointless without knowing the brand itself. Understanding what your company stands for – its modus operandi – will help you to better market its products. Your brand is your product’s identity and will set your product apart from other brands of like products. Understanding your brand’s legacy will ultimately improve product knowledge and sales.
- Customer knowledge: Understanding what customer your brand attracts will help you to better market your product. A salesperson well-trained in product knowledge will be able to analyze customers’ needs to propose a product best suited to them.
- Industry knowledge: Product knowledge also encompasses industry knowledge – becoming aware of the trends, concepts, challenges, and terminology surrounding your product and brand’s niche.
- Complementary products: It’s great to have an understanding of a product, but what about complementary products that can be used in tangent with your product?
Product Knowledge Training Overview
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“The RedSeed developers were quick to respond to any questions throughout the process and always kept us up to date. It was a smooth as it could have been. We even had our IT team come to us at the end of the transition to comment on how seamless the RedSeed LMS transition was.”
- GRAEME ALLENOperations Manager, Bivouac Outdoor“The roll out system you have set up for launching and implementing RedSeed is a major reason for the success we've seen. The teams understand "what's in it for them". RedSeed have made something that could be challenging painless, and helped build a real enthusiasm for selling amongst the team.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“It has enabled us to be confident in our reporting and confident when we go to stores and follow up on employees who aren’t engaged. We are now able to get more ownership from the Store Managers as well. With the coaching feedback loops, it's helping us build learning and coaching culture in store.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“Not only have we seen significant monetary savings but we now spend far less time following up system errors or bugs.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu"Having the ability to have RedSeed create training for us, based on our CLIMB model was really attractive. All these things came together with the LMS and RedSeed was more like the catalyst for us changing our previous training approach. It was like "yes please, solve all my problems!"
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“We’ve been blown away by the uptake and the time spent training in the first few months since the transition. This goes to show how user-friendly the system is!”