There’s no secret to hiring great people. It’s about good process and understanding your culture and needs.
Learning how to best prepare, and then conduct an effective interview is an essential skill in building a winning team. Understanding what skills you will be able to teach your new hire, and what characteristics and traits they need to bring with them, will help you make a good decision when selecting a candidate.
Making a good job of on-boarding new team members will set them up for success and allow you to build a top performing team.
Who’s it for?
- Store Managers.
- Area and Regional Managers.
- Anyone recruiting currently, or wanting to develop their recruitment skills for the future.
- Company expectations.
- Planning, including; identifying the gap, advertising, understanding the process.
- Hiring mistakes.
- How to evaluate a candidate.
- Personality traits.
- Interviewing skills.
- Recruitment legislation.
- Conducting an interview.
- Evaluating candidates, including; reference checking and dealing with unsuccessful candidates.
- On-boarding and candidate care.
After completing this course, your managers will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours with confidence;
- How to identify the skills required for vacant roles.
- An understanding of the interview process and the legal requirements.
- Conduct an interview using behavioural-based questions.
- Be able to interpret candidate responses and dig deeper when necessary.
- Show a fair and objective process when evaluating candidates.
- Phone unsuccessful candidates while maintaining a good company brand image.
- Onboard employees and set them up for success.
- Over time, develop a team of passionate people who embody your brand personality and promise.
Add 8 customised videos in-store to demonstrate your own unique recruiting processes. Scripted in partnership with key stakeholders and filmed in your environment, using your people. Customised video shows your best practice and increases engagement and uptake of the right behaviours.
STANDARD (based on 25 users)
from $449p/m (36-month term)
CUSTOMISED (based on 25 users)
from $887p/m (36-month term)
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“Not only have we seen significant monetary savings but we now spend far less time following up system errors or bugs.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“The RedSeed developers were quick to respond to any questions throughout the process and always kept us up to date. It was a smooth as it could have been. We even had our IT team come to us at the end of the transition to comment on how seamless the RedSeed LMS transition was.”
- GRAEME ALLENOperations Manager, Bivouac Outdoor“The roll out system you have set up for launching and implementing RedSeed is a major reason for the success we've seen. The teams understand "what's in it for them". RedSeed have made something that could be challenging painless, and helped build a real enthusiasm for selling amongst the team.”
- ANNE POLLARDHead of Learning and Development, 2degrees“We tailored RedSeed towards our environment, we used our people in the videos and that gave it a sense of realism and relevance for the rest of our team.”
- GRAEME ALLENOperations Manager, Bivouac Outdoor“The introduction of RedSeed has changed the thought patterns and behaviours of sales staff noticeably. I was recently in a store and overheard a conversation between two staff, observing a not so perfect approach to a customer - one of their colleagues spoke with them about how they could have done that better with RedSeed techniques in an enthusiastic but empathetic way.”
- KELLY HOPKINSLearning and Development Manager, Kathmandu“It has enabled us to be confident in our reporting and confident when we go to stores and follow up on employees who aren’t engaged. We are now able to get more ownership from the Store Managers as well. With the coaching feedback loops, it's helping us build learning and coaching culture in store.”